Quang Binh Province
Quang Binh province is the famous place with the well known destinations such as Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park and Son Doong Cave. The province is one of the important tourist points because of the value that the province owns.
Quang Binh province belongs to the North Central area of the country. The province is bordered with Ha Tinh province to the north, with Quang Tri Province to the south, with Laos to the west and with the East Sea to the east.
1. Summary of Quang Binh province
Center city: Dong Hoi City.
Town and Districts: Ba Don Town, Minh Hoa District, Tuyen Hoa District, Quang Trach District, Bo Trach District, Quang Ninh District, and Le Thuy District.
Tourist places: Dong Hoi City, Bo Trach and Minh Hoa Districts.
Climate: Quang Binh province is in the tropical monsoon climate region. There is the rain season in the province from September to March. The dry time is from April to August. The average temperature is from 24 C degree to 25 C degree.
Transportation: Travel conveniently by land, railway and the airline to the province and from it to other provinces. There is the develop river way in the province.
The distance is for reference as below:
- From center of Dong Hoi City to the Dong Hoi Airport: 9.6 km
- From Quang Binh to Ha Noi: 608 km
- From Quang Binh to Ho Chi Minh City: 1.101 km
- From Quang Binh to Ha Tinh: 147 km
- From Quang Binh to Quang Tri: 95 km
- From Quang Binh to Nghe An: 195 km
- From Quang Binh to Hue: 164 km
Population: There is the Kinh as the main group and the ethnic groups such as Chut and Bru-Van Kieu who live together in the province.
2. Attractions in Quang Binh province
- Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park: this is the famous national park of the country. The national park belongs to Bo Trach District. It is far from Dong Hoi City about 50km. There is the rich fauna and flora system. This is also the ideal place for exploring with the spectacular caves.
- Son Doong Cave: the newest cave that was found in Quang Binh province after the famous caves such as Thien Duong and Phong Nha Caves. Son Doong Cave is considered one of the huge caves of the world. It is in Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park with more than 7km long.
- Thien Duong Cave: locates in Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park. The cave is 16km long and far from Son Trach Commune in Bo Trach district about 4km. The destination is far from Dong Hoi City about 70km and Phong Nha Cave about 25km.
- Phong Nha Cave: Phong Nha cave is distinguished by its magical beauty. Phong Nha cave is acknowledged one of the cultural heritage sites of the world with an unsurpassed wonder of nature.
- Tien Son Cave: the cave is far from Phong Nha Cave about 1km. It is 980m long with different parts. The cave is called the dry cave with many spectacular stalactites.
Phong Nha Cave: this is one of the best fascinating caves in Vietnam. The cave is also the popular destination for all people who love to explore the caves in the country. Phong Nha Cave locates far from Dong Hoi city about 50 km.
- Tu Lan Cave: the cave is in Minh Hoa District. It is more than 600 m long with many great stalactites. The cave is closed with the peaceful valley and Tu Lan Mountain with the rich fauna and flora system.
- Nhat Le Beach: the beach is in the center of Dong Hoi city. This is the great beach where you can swim in the pure water, sunbath on the white sand beach and enjoy the local fresh seafood.
- Bao Ninh Beach: the beach locates far from Dong Hoi City some kilometers. This is the long and wide beach that becomes the ideal place for your beach time.
- Da Nhay Beach: Da Nhay beach is an attractive tourist destination, the beach is clean and beautiful, maybe because of this reason, the name was born from the Jumping Rock to mark the distinctions of this beach.
- Mooc Spring: the spring is in Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park. This is the great place for your trekking to explore the nature and landscape here.
Ha Thon Village: the traditional village where people do the traditional conical leaf hats through years. Ha Thon Village locates in Quang Trach District with 100 years old in the process of producing the conical leaf hats.
And there are many great destinations that complete your trip to explore the provinces.
3. Festivals in Quang Binh province
- Nghe Temple Festival: the festival is happened in Nghe Temple. This is the famous temple is located in front of Phong Nha Cave in Bo Trach District.
- Xuong Dong Festival: it is considered the crop festival to thank for the good crops in the year and the good weather. The festival is happened from 20th to 30th December of the year in Loc Ninh Commune in Dong Hoi City.
- Cau Ngu Festival: the festival is for fishermen. It is happened in 15th of June in lunar year in Hai Ninh Commune in Quang Ninh District.
And there are many other unique festivals in the province.
4. Local specialties
There are different local specialties in the province such as seafood, banh canh Ba Don (a type of noodle soup from Ba Don Town), rice cakes, noodle soup with snakehead, honey, local wine, mushroom and other typical specialties.